LOST WAX CASTING
Lost-wax casting offers many advantages when making metal components, especially when complex shapes are required.A significant portion of the machining operations can be avoided; there are more design possibilities; the components can be made lighter; previously assembled components can be made using lost-wax casting to obtain a single part.
- tolerances ± 0,125 mm by 25 mm, depending on the complexity of the component
- no burrs and no parting lines
- no ejection
- surface condition : 3,2 microns (N8, 125 CLA)
- tool : aluminium tools are used for the productions of wax forms; tool costs are relatively low, modifications are easily achievable and the tool life is excellent
- size: length < 5mm to more than 600 mm
- Quantities: from prototype to large series: the quantity depends on the size and complexity of the part; economical production is 100 parts but batches of 25 parts are very common
- rapid prototyping: use of stereolithography or similar method of prototyping; rapid production of prototypes and samples
- Tool steel or stainless steel (heat resisting steals)
- Nickel and cobalt based alloys
- Magnetic alloys
- Aluminium and zinc alloys
- Coper alloys
We provide finished machined parts with surface treatment and insert assembly.